Terms and Conditions
1. Well Covered Books and Amy Pinkston do not provide any kind of service free of charge. Each commercial project comes with a payment that will be agreed upon between the client and Well Covered Books prior to starting the project.
2. Well Covered Books retains the right to decline projects at will.
3. All client information and materials are considered confidential and will only be used by Well Covered Books to provide a quote or complete a project. Client information and project materials will not be shared with any third party, unless the client requests otherwise.
4. The client agrees not to publish any project material to the public before the full payment is paid. The client can share draft materials with friends and family in order to receive feedback if he/she wishes, but in no case should said draft materials be posted on the web.
License And Ownership Rights
5. Upon receipt of full payment, Well Covered Books grants the client the exclusive license to use the final file(s) for the specific project agreed upon and associated promotional materials.
6. The client agrees to abide by the terms of any license agreement for any images purchased by Well Covered Books through a third-party image provider for use in client’s project.
The cost of the service provided by Well Covered Books includes the license to use images bought via Depositphotos and is limited to a print run of 500,000 units. For a print run over 500,000 the client is responsible to buy an extended license, as stated in the Depositphotos License.
Materials from stock image providers other than Depositphotos are not included in the cost. The usage of such materials will take place upon agreement between the client and Well Covered Books and the total cost of said materials will be paid by the client.
7. If the client supplies Well Covered Books with materials subject to intellectual property rights by a third-party, the client will secure the appropriate rights to use the materials before directing the designer to incorporate them into his/her project. Should any intellectual property dispute arise involving materials the client provides, the client assumes full legal and financial responsibility.
8. The client has no right to alter the final file(s) in any way except to change size for printing or digital display. If the client desires any alterations, he/she will contact Well Covered Books. Additional payments may be required to make these alterations.
9. Well Covered Books retains copyright and ownership of all design and draft materials. Additionally, Well Covered Books retains the right to use the client’s final file(s) and name in the Well Covered Books portfolio and to market and promote Well Covered Book’s services.
10. The client is fully responsible for proofing the file(s) provided by Well Covered Books. It is strongly suggested that client requests a proof from the printer before publishing or ordering any printable material. At no time will Well Covered Books be held financially or legally responsible for any problems, costs, fees, or expenses incurred by the client as a result of using the final file(s) provided by Well Covered Books.
11. Client agrees to pay the total cost upon approval of the final file(s) and prior to the delivery of said file(s). Well Covered Books will not release finished files to the client or other parties until total payment has been received. The payment is also final approval of the project, and this contract will be considered fulfilled and thus, terminated.
12. Well Covered Books retains the right to discontinue, withhold, or suspend services for any account should payments not be paid for a contracted job in the order specified in this agreement.
13. Failing to abide by the payment terms of this agreement, will result in Well Covered Books retaining the right to (re)use any draft material as wanted.
14. By hiring Well Covered Books and using the final file(s), the client agrees to provide credit “Cover design by Well Covered Books” inside the acknowledgements/copyright section of the project.
Cancellation And Refund Policy
15. If the client should cancel the project before work has started, a minimal kill fee will be assessed ($10 for premade covers and $25 for custom covers). If the client should cancel the project after work has started, the client will forfeit the deposit. Well Covered Books retains the right to use any drafts or materials of the project for another custom or premade cover.
16. If Well Covered Books should cancel the project before work has started, neither the client or Well Covered Books is under obligation to the other. If Well Covered Books should cancel the project after work has started, any drafts or materials will be provided to the client in order to be used by any other designer the client will choose to continue with.
17. Upon the completion of full payment and the delivery of the final file(s) there can be no refund whatsoever.
18. Well Covered Books is not liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including loss of revenues or profits, loss of business or reputation, or loss of data, in any way related to our services. Well Covered Books is not responsible for any claim, loss, or injury based on errors or any other inaccuracies appearing on our site or in our clients’ written documents, including without limitation as a result of any breach of the terms and conditions of this agreement.
19. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between Well Covered Books and the client. No additional promises or conditions will apply, written or oral, unless otherwise specified and confirmed by all parties in hard-copy or e-signature.